The planet is our home; we need to be more responsible. Here's what I do.
One of my all time favorite moments on the allotment is when the courgette (zucchini) starts to produce.
It’s an epic plant.
It seems indestructible and can produce forty courgettes per plant. Yes forty!
This year we have two new varieties. A green globe sort and a yellow conventional shaped one.
We were able to plant them out early this year following the non existent winter, so they started to produce early.
Early courgettes means only one thing early courgette soup.
Now my master chef has a skill with this soup that is amazing.
Here’s the ingredients.
1. Fry the onion in a little vegetable oil until it’s soft.
2. Fry the chopped courgettes until brown.
3. The potato needs the longest cooking time.
4. So add some stock. We use an onion stock cube and around half a litre of water.
5. Simmer for a while.
6. Turn of the heat and blitz.
We had ours with GF pitta bread and houmous.
Education Writer, Researcher & Policy Nerd.
Our homeschool journey one adventure at a time
Nerdy thoughts and musings