The planet is our home; we need to be more responsible. Here's what I do.
So I’ve been paying attention to this blog for ten days. Officially I opened the site a while ago but it was like a New Years resolution, much aimed for and neglected.
Then today, some 12 days since the 1st February, when I set to to make a proper commitment a strange and wonderful thing.
I received an award. The historic Liebster Award aimed at new bloggers. What. A lovely thing. And what a big responsibility.
I’m truely honored to receive this award from Lita. Thank you.
I’m getting to grips with this process but here are the rules.
(1) Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog
(2) You must answer the 10 questions given to you by the nominee before you.
(3) Nominate 10 of your favorite blogs with fewer than 200 followers and notify them of their nomination.
(4) Come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
The 10 Questions I was asked:
(1) What is your favourite building to look at?
The Eddystone lighthouse that stands on Plymouth hoe in the uk. It’s on a large open green space where it was transported when it became unfit for its lonely location at sea.i like the idea it’s no longer isolated but it’s also a lighthouse which is very cool.
(2) Is there a city that has changed you in some way (if so which one)?
I’m not really a cities kind of person but I guess moving to The Hague from the uk was pretty significant as most of my adult live has been spent in The Netherlands as a result.
(3) On a day off what museum or gallery would you visit?
The Panorama Mesdag in The Hague, houses a single massive painting. I think it’s 140 m in circumference and 17 m high. Because of the glass roof the weather outside influences this amazing landscape painting. It has such a great atmosphere and is a well kept secret.
(4) If you were putting a raft together to survive the floods what would be your secret building material (it can be crazy or practical)?
Chocolate! If you are going to be on a raft you need chocolate!
(5) If food had no calories what would you fill your table and plate with?
(Resist temptation to repeat answer to Q4) great vegetables from my garden! I really love veg. It can be curried, baked, roasted and has such a number of ways to be prepared!
(6) What is your favorite method of transport?
Boat. When you are floating on water the world is a better place!
(7) Do you remember the first time you smiled and around what age were you?
Not really but I have generally smiled a lot!
(8) What (who or where) inspires your writing?
That’s tricky. I like to write about a lot of things. Currently I guess the crazy answer is my blog. I’m enjoying it so much that I’m having to resist posting too much.
(9) What is your favourite body of water (ocean, pool, spa…)?
The giant bay next to a tiny peninsula called walindi in New Britain, Papua New Guinea. It’s the most fantastic dive site in the world!
(10) What advice would you give to your younger self (fun, fictional or factual)?
Don’t worry about it. You’ll be alright!
I hope you enjoy these questions! Hearty thanks for the brilliant contributions you make.
These highly enjoyable blogs I nominate are in no particular order:
The 10 Questions that I am asking YOU.
1. What new skill (crazy or sensible) would you like to learn and why?
2. Who inspires you and why?
3. Regardless of compatibility, what top five would go in your ideal sandwich?
4. What’s the most unusual object in your home?
5. The book that changed your life?
6. How would you spend £20.00 as a treat, splurge or surprise?
7. Take us on your favorite journey. Where to and from and what’s the on the way stuff that makes the journey memorable?
8. Is there something that you really couldn’t do that surprised you?
9. You’ve packed your bag with everything you actually need on a trip. What’s the one thing you have to check before you leave the house?(apart from your travel documents)
10. What’s your preferred comfortable spot to take in the view or passers-by in the world?
Our homeschool journey one adventure at a time
Nerdy thoughts and musings
Be well, be edified and enjoy!