The planet is our home; we need to be more responsible. Here's what I do.
So one thing I rarely do is cook. There’s so many other things taking up my time. But fortunately there’s a talented cook in the house.
So then there’s this:
Home made super fast rustic broccoli quiche.
(Obviously too tasty for a whole quiche photo. And too quick for any ‘during’ shots. But I will try and do those next time.)
And then here’s the recipe.
what you will need:
-Ready made puff pastry (also works well with gluten free pastry)
-One whole head of broccoli
-Four reasonably sized eggs
-Onion powder for flavour
what to do:
1.Cut broccoli into reasonable chunks.
2. Steam the broccoli until it’s just cooked but still firm.
3. Meanwhile beat eggs with onion powder.
4. Line a 9″ spring form tin with grease proof paper.
5. Then gently drape the pastry over the tin and ease into the corners.
6. Leave the excess hanging over the side for now.
7. Arrange the hot steamed broccoli inside the pastry.
8. Pour in the beaten egg, over the broccoli, and sprinkle grated cheese in top.
9. Lastly fold the pastry over the broccoli.
10. Bake at 180C for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
We have a fan oven so temperature may vary depending on your oven.
Served in our house with home grown salad, delicious honey, mustard dressing and baked potato.
a blog by a multilingual expat-since-birth, linguist, researcher, mum of three, living in the Netherlands and writing about bilingualism, multiculturalism, parenting abroad, international life...